The ITO provides an automated backup service for all College of Education owned computers.
The service uses CrashPlan Pro software, which provides many benefits, including:
- After the initial full backup, any changed files are backed up every 10 minutes.
- Laptops can be backed up over any Internet connection.
- Users can find and restore their own files with the easy-to-use interface.
- Data transfer encryption secures all files.
- All data is backed up weekly to an off-campus site, protecting it from Sánchez Building disasters.
To receive this service, it must first be requested.
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the backup service.