The Information Technology Office's (ITO) Distance Learning & Teleconference Classroom (DLC) provides high definition (HD) video and audio links to remote sites using compressed digital video technology.
The room holds up to 35 people and can be arranged to suit most videoconferencing needs. The DLC features remote control HD cameras, a touch-screen control system, rear-screen projection, and two auxiliary flat panel HD monitors. It also features an instructor's computer, laptop connection, document camera, and telephone. Other available services include:
- Sessions video-recorded on DVD
- Edit, duplicate, or archive recorded sessions
- Flexible room arrangement
- Webcasts on Real Player
- Multi-site conferences
- Satellite view-only conferences
The Distance Learning & Teleconference Classroom is available to College of Education faculty, staff, and students. Any requests for the use of the room that is outside of the College will be approved at the discretion of the ITO.
- The room is available between 8:30 a.m. and 8 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, excluding holidays and prior reservations.
- Requests for semester-long courses have top priority, but must be made at least six months in advance of the semester needed.
- Requests for one-time events should be made at least two weeks before the day needed.
- College of Education courses and activities, then other UT instructional activities, have priority over non-instructional and non UT activities.
This facility is available only by reservation. Reserve the Distance Learning Classroom.
If further information or assistance is needed, contact Rob Donald, 512-232-5419.