The Education Career Services Center is located in the Sanchez Building (SZB) 216. Our building is located between University Avenue and the Blanton Museum of Art (just north of the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum). The Kinesiology and Health Education Career Services office is located in Bellmont Hall (BEL) 1005 on San Jacinto between 20th and 23rd Street.
There are several paid-parking garages fairly near our two locations.
- Brazos Garage (BRG): For parking near the Sanchez Building.
- Trinity Garage (TRG): For parking near the Bellmont Hall.
- Manor Garage (MAG): For parking near the Bellmont Hall.
The University of Texas at Austin is located north of the downtown area. The campus is about one mile from the State Capitol.
Main thoroughfares around campus include Guadalupe to the west, MLK to the south, Red River to the east, and Dean Keeton to the north.
Interstate 35 (I-35):
Take the Martin Luther King (MLK) exit heading west. The Sanchez Building will be on your right about 5 blocks from Interstate.
Take the Windsor Road exit heading east which turns into 24th Street and dead-ends into Guadalupe. Turn right onto Guadalupe. Turn left onto MLK. The Sanchez Building will be on your left about 2 blocks from Guadalupe.
From East, take I-35 South and follow directions for I-35 above. From West, take MoPac/Loop 1 North and follow directions for MoPac/Loop 1 above.
From East, take I-35 South and follow directions for I-35 above. From West, follow directions for Highway 71 above.
From North, take MoPac/Loop 1 South and follow directions for I-35 above. From South, take Highway 111/Airport Boulevard North to MLK Boulevard. Head west on MLK, pass over I-35 and campus will be on your right.
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is located eight miles from downtown in southeast Austin on Highway 71. For driving directions from the airport, please follow the directions above for Highway 71, from East.
The following hotels are listed due to their proximity to campus.
- AT&T Executive Educ. Conference Ctr: 1900 University Ave., Austin, TX 78705, (512) 404-3629, (877) 744-8822
- Doubletree Guest Suites: 303 W. 15th St., Austin, TX 78701, (512) 478-7000, (800) 222-TREE
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel – University Area: 1617 N. I-35, Austin, TX 78702, (512) 479-4000, (800) 222-TREE
- Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center: Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, 512-480-8181
- Holiday Inn - Austin Midtown: 6000 Middle Fiskville Rd., Austin, TX 78752, (512) 451-5757
- La Quinta: 300 E. 11th St., Austin, TX 78701, (512) 476-1166, (800) SLEEPLQ
- Radisson Hotel: 111 E. Cesar Chavez, Austin, TX 78701, (512) 478-9611, (800) 333-3333
- Sheraton Austin Hotel: 701 E. 11th St., Austin, TX 78701, (512) 478-1111, (866) 716-8134
The following restaurants are listed due to their proximity to campus.
- Clay Pit: (Indian) 1601 Guadalupe St., Austin, TX 78701, (512) 322-5131
- Hoover's: (Texan/Cajun) 2002 Manor Rd., Austin, TX 78722, (512) 479-5006
- Kerbey Lane: (Americana) 2606 Guadalupe St., Austin, TX 78705, (512) 477-5717
- Madam Mam's: (Thai) 2514 Guadalupe St., Austin, TX 78705, (512) 472-8306
- Serrano's: (Tex-Mex) 1111 Red River St., Austin, TX 78701, (512) 322-9922
- Stubb's: (BBQ) 801 Red River St., Austin, TX 78701, (512) 480-8341