November 1: Deadline for Recruitment Fellowship Consideration
December 1: Admissions Deadline
- You must have a bachelor’s degree to apply for the STEM master’s or doctoral degree program.
- Teaching experience is one of the criteria we consider in the admission process. Pre-college teaching experience, especially among underserved populations, is preferred.
- Complete the online Texas Common Application. Select STEM Education (32800) for your major. Please DO NOT CHOOSE Curriculum and Instruction. Please write down your UT EID andPassword for future reference.
- Take the general GRE at a location near you (or here at UT), and ourUniversity Code is 6882. (GRE scores are valid for 5 years). For international applicants, if your native language is not English you will need to submit either a TOEFL or IELTS (UT Test Score Requirements).
- Hardcopies (PDFs) of all of your transcripts should be uploaded to your My Status page. If admitted, you will be required to arrange for official transcripts to be sent to the Graduate and International Admissions Center before you will be permitted to enroll.
- Upload to your My Status page:
- a PDF list of your completed upper division Science, Math, and Engineering courses
- Your statement of purpose for obtaining a degree in STEM Education. Doctoral students should describe their research agenda and how it aligns with the research interests of program faculty.
- Your current Resume or Vitae (PDF)
- Letters of Reference - On your on-line ApplyTexas application, you will list your 3 references, which includes their full name, title (example: Mrs., Prof., Assoc. Director, Principal, etc.) and current email address. These should be professional references and should speak to your experience as a teacher and/or researcher. Be sure the email address is correct and accurate.
- After you submit your application and it loads on our system, your recommender will be sent an email with a link to the on-line reference form. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
To monitor and maintain your requests for references, please go to the My Status page. On the webpage you can:
- Monitor the status of your pending recommendations.
- Resend a Request for Reference email to your recommenders.
- Add a new recommender (like a 4th or 5th reference).
- Revise your FERPA (right to view) status from retained to waived.
Fall Applicants: December 1st (November 1st for recruitment fellowship consideration)
The STEM ED program is not currently taking applications for the Summer Program.