November 1: Deadline for Recruitment Fellowship Consideration
December 1: Admissions Deadline
The STEM ED program is not currently taking applications for the Summer Program.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree to apply for the STEM master’s or doctoral degree program.
- Teaching experience is one of the criteria we consider in the admission process. Pre-college teaching experience, especially among underserved populations, is preferred.
Complete the online ApplyTexas Application. Select STEM Education (32800) for your major. Please DO NOT CHOOSE Curriculum and Instruction. Please write down your UT EID and Password for future reference.
Take the general GRE at a location near you (or here at UT), and our University Code is 6882. (GRE scores are valid for 5 years). For international applicants, if your native language is not English you will need to submit either a TOEFL or IELTS (UT Test Score Requirements).
Transcripts are required for each senior college attended. A PDF of the official transcript can be uploaded to your My Status page, but an official transcript from that college will be required after acceptance to a program. Each transcript can be uploaded only once, so please make sure you have the correct and full version of each transcript before uploading. Learn more about how to submit your transcripts from the Graduate School's site.
Upload to your My Status page:
- a PDF list of your completed upper division Science, Math, and Engineering courses
- Your statement of purpose for obtaining a degree in STEM Education. Doctoral students should describe their research agenda and how it aligns with the research interests of program faculty.
- Your current Resume or Vitae (PDF)
- Letters of Reference - On your on-line ApplyTexas application, you will list your 3 references, which includes their full name, title (example: Mrs., Prof., Assoc. Director, Principal, etc.) and current email address. These should be professional references and should speak to your experience as a teacher and/or researcher. Be sure the email address is correct and accurate.
After you submit your application and it loads on our system, your recommender will be sent an email with a link to the on-line reference form. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
To monitor and maintain your requests for references, please go to the My Status page. On the webpage you can:
- Monitor the status of your pending recommendations.
- Resend a Request for Reference email to your recommenders.
- Add a new recommender (like a 4th or 5th reference).
- Revise your FERPA (right to view) status from retained to waived.