Moncrief-Neuhaus Athletic Center (MNC)
Brian Farr: email@example.com or 512-471-9885
What: High School Sunday events include an educational workshop conducted by members of the Longhorn Athletic Training Student Association (LATSA), a presentation on UT’s ATP, and a tour of some of UT’s Athletics’ facilities. This is an excellent opportunity for high school students to learn about UT’s Athletic Training Program, meet some of our students, staff, and faculty, and take a self-guided tour around campus. Please encourage your students to attend, especially if they are interested in UT’s Athletic Training Program. While the day’s activities are geared towards the high school student, parents and staff athletic trainers are also welcome.
A professional CEU workshop will also be offered to credentialed athletic trainers.
The tentative schedule for the workshop is as follows:
9:00 - Registration
9:30 - Welcoming remarks and educational presentations
11:30 - Lunch & presentation on the UT ATP
12:30 - Educational presentations
2:30 - Viper Sports Medicine/USAF Presentation
3:00 - Facility Tour
4:00 - Campus tour on your own
The workshop will be held in the Moncrief-Neuhaus Athletic Center (MNC) on The University of Texas at Austin campus. MNC is the building immediately south of the football stadium.
There is parking available in the Manor Garage located at 2017 Robert Dedman Dr. If the gates are open, parking is free. If the gates are down, it will cost you $15-$20 to park for the day. The cost of parking is not included in the workshop. If you choose to park elsewhere, pay attention to posted signs. We are not responsible for any parking tickets.
Please call Brian Farr at 512-471-9885 if you plan to bring a group of students in a bus. The bus driver will either need to stay with the bus or will need to park off campus. There is no dedicated bus parking on campus. Busses will not fit in the garage.
Register via e-mail to Adrienne Horton. Include the following information:
For the STUDENT Workshop
- Name of High School
- Name and e-mail address of the staff athletic trainer(s). Please indicate whether or not they’ll be attending.
- Name and e-mail address of the student(s) attending.
- Number of lunches you wish to order.
- LATSA will be selling lunches for $5 each. The lunch will include 1/4 of a large cheese & pepperoni pizza + a can of soda or bottle of water. Please pre-order your lunches so we have enough food!
- Money will be collected at registration. If paying by check, please make it out to LATSA. We cannot accept debit or credit cards. We cannot comp any lunches – you must pay for the lunch.
- If you decide not to attend after placing an order for lunch, please let us know.
- You can bring your own lunch if you don’t want to order one through LATSA. Due to the short time period for the lunch break, you will not have enough time to go out for lunch.
- There is no fee for the student workshop. The only costs are for the lunch and parking if needed.
Registration for the professional workshop is separate. Please see the professional workshop page for details.