Loan forgiveness means cancelling all or part of your loan debt. There are federal, state, and other programs designed to help repay education loans if the borrower meets certain criteria. For example, some forgiveness provisions include:
- Performing volunteer work.
- Performing military service.
- Teaching in certain high-need subject areas or in low-income schools.
- Practicing medicine in certain types of communities.
- Maintaining a certain undergraduate GPA and graduating in a specified amount of time.
For general information, access the following Web sites:
For additional information, contact the holder of your loan or UT's Office of Student Financial Services.