Thursday, February 23
4:45 - 6 p.m. – Campus Tour w/ Sawyer Tedder, first-year CUSPA student. Meet outside SSB: 100 W Dean Keeton St, Austin TX, 78712 (will end at Preview Class location)
6 - 7:30 p.m. – Preview Class Session (SZB 296)
7:30 p.m. – Dinner at Kerbey Lane Cafe
Friday, February 24
8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. – Placement Exchange
12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. – PHEL Preview Plenary - includes lunch w/ faculty & students
5 p.m. – HEASPA Social Hour (Scholz Garten)
Saturday, February 25
HEASPA Brunch: 10 am at Trudy’s Texas Star: 409 W 30th St, Austin, TX 78705
We will provide lunch on Feb. 24; all other expenses are the responsibility of participants.
HEASPA Facebook Page for Prospective Students: link coming soon
Other Important Information
PHEL Preview Class
Location: SZB 296
Time: Feb. 23, 6 - 7:30 p.m.
More info coming soon.
Location: SAC, Rooms 2.120 (green room), 2.302 (plenary), and 2.410 (interviews)
Time: Feb. 24, 8:00 a.m.
All Fall 2017 admitted PHEL masters (CUSPA) students who are seeking a paid Graduate Assistantship are welcome to attend.
This event for admitted master’s students who plan to attend full time are seeking a position as Graduate Assistant. This event requires further participation
Our Vision: The UT Placement Exchange, where university professionals connect with the next generation of student affairs and administrative talent.
Our Values: Our guiding principles include creating an environment of professionalism, authentic and ethical behavior, mutual respect, open exchange of ideas, accessible and inclusive practice, and innovation.
To participate in the Placement Exchange, please follow the directions in the admissions email you received. If you cannot find that info, need assistance, or have questions, please contact email@example.com
There are Graduate Assistantships available in the following areas (more to be added soon):
- COE Dean's Office (1 position)
- Dean of Students:
- Dean's Squad (1 position)
- Leadership & Ethics Institute (1 position)
- Student Activities, Training & Recognition (1 position)
- Student Conduct & Academic Integrity (2 positions)
- Sorority & Fraternity Life: Recognition and Awards (1 position)
- Sorority & Fraternity Life: Safety Education (1 position)
- Assistant to the VPSA (1-2 positions)
- Division of Housing and Food Services (updated 1-30-17)
- McCombs School of Business
- Longhorn Center for Academic Excellence (2-3 positions)
- New Student Services (1 position)
- University Unions
- University Leadership Network (1 position)
Location: SAC 2.302
Time: Feb. 24, 12:30 p.m.
All Fall 2017 admitted masters and doctoral students are welcome to attend.
The PHEL Preview Plenary will feature an opportunity to meet with your advisor (if available), panels and discussions on student life in Austin, funding opportunities in the progra.m., and a faculty presentation on how to maximize your graduate experience.
|12:30 p.m.||PHEL Welcome|
|12:35 p.m.||HEASPA Welcome|
|12:40 p.m.||Introduction of Staff & Faculty|
|1:00 p.m.||Lunch w/ Faculty|
|2:00 p.m.||Overview of Programs|
|2:30 p.m.||Breakout Sesssions
Master's: Stay here!
Doctorate's: SAC 2.120
|3:30 p.m.||Student panel in Breakout sessions|
|5:00 p.m.||Social Hour at Scholz Garten|
Time: Feb. 25, time TBA
Open to all PHEL current, admitted, and waitlisted students as well as faculty and staff.
We cannot pay for parking or public transportation fees.
- Austin has a great bus and light rail system that is very cost effective: https://www.capmetro.org/
- You can ride any UT bus on our honor system while you are in town: http://www.utexas.edu/parking/transportation/shuttle/index.php
- Brazos Garage (BRG): the closest campus garage to SZB College of Education building. 210 E. MLK Blvd.
- Bob Bullock Museum underground garage (scroll down).
- Off-campus, parking meter street parking (many have a 3-hour time limit)
- Colorado, Lavaca, and 18th streets around Bob Bullock Museum
- University Lane or any of the side streets around the AT&T Executive Education & Conference Center
- AT&T Executive Education & Conference Center garage
SAC – Student Activities Building: 2201 Speedway, Austin TX, 78712
- It’s right next door to GRE (Gregory Gym).
- Here’s a map to the floor plans to help you find the green room (1.118)
SZB – George I. Sanchez Building: 1912 Speedway, Austin TX, 78705
- It’s right next door to PCL (library). (Note: If you enter SZB from the southeast side of the building, you will enter on the first floor/lower level. If you enter from the west or north ends of the building (where the escalators are located), you will enter on the second floor. Only the south end of the building has a first floor/lower level.
- When you enter SZB, there are floor maps on each floor near the escalator.
Scholz Garten: 1607 San Jacinto Blvd. Austin, Texas 78701
From either the SZB or the SAC, walk south on Speedway, past where the street ends (there’s a sidewalk) until you get to MLK. Turn left on MLK, and then right on San Jacinto at the bottom of the hill. Scholz is two blocks down.
HEASPA will be coordinating with out-of-town visitors so that you do not have to pay for a hotel room. Housing needs will be met on a first-come, first-served basis, and we cannot guarantee housing for everyone, so please contact HEASPA as soon as you know you have need of a place to stay.
Please email HEASPA will your housing needs: firstname.lastname@example.org