Planning a trip? All UT faculty and staff must submit a Travel Request for any travel (personal or work-related) while on active appointment. Weekend-only domestic personal travel does not require a travel request. Travel Requests must be submitted a minimum of 2 weeks prior to departure.

Please follow the steps below for Travel

1.   Who will be paying for the trip? 

If using a UT account, you will need the account #. Contact Barbara Morris (or Stacia De Leon for TCSC travel).

2.   Fill out a Travel Request Form and "assign" it to Jasmine Center. TCSC travel requests should go to Stacia De Leon.

3.   Using a Faculty Travel Grant?

If so, you must complete a Faculty Travel Grant Application AND Travel Request Form. Both forms must be completed at the same time and "assigned" to Jasmine. TCSC forms should go to StaciaFaculty Travel Grant requests must be submitted at least 1 month prior to travel due to a lengthy approvals process.

 4.   EDP will obtain approvals and contact you with any questions. 

When approved, you'll receive a notification email with your RTA and DOC ID #s.

Note: For Faculty Travel Grants, approval comes in the form of 2 emails - the 1st is approval of your travel (RTA) in general, and the 2nd is approval of your Faculty Travel Grant funds. 

5.   Book your travel!

Flights: If a UT account will be used to pay for the trip, we recommend booking via UT’s Concur system or by calling one of UT's Travel Agencies so the charges can be direct-billed to UT. You’ll just need your RTA and DOC ID #s from your confirmation email to book.

Note: flights booked yourself online through the airline are reimbursable (after your trip), except for flights booked through non-UT travel agencies.

Hotel: Lodging is reimbursement-only.

Rental Cars: If a UT account will be used to pay for the trip, you can either book your rental car and turn in receipts after your trip for reimbursement, or see how to direct-bill rental cars here.

6.   Submit your receipts

If UT is paying for any of your travel, you must submit your itemized receipts to Barbara (or Stacia for TCSC travel) for processing upon your return. Be sure to include receipts for anything direct-billed as well (e.g. flights)!

  • Itemized receipts must be submitted within 2 weeks of your return.
  • It is not necessary to submit meal receipts as the Department will reimburse based on current per diem rates.

Note: we recommend you set up Direct Deposit for reimbursements. This is separate from payroll Direct Deposit.

Travel Topics & Resources

Faculty Travel Grant Program
If using the Faculty Travel Grant, both the Faculty Travel Grant application as well as the standard Travel Request Form must be submitted.

International Travel
Per the Chancellor's 2010 directive, any international travel reservations made through sources other than Concur or a contract UT agency (Anthony Travel / Corporate Travel Planners) must be entered by the faculty member into the ISOS database.

Submit a Travel Request
A Travel Request Form must be submitted in advance for each absence of a faculty member from his or her regular duties (HOP 7.28).

Travel Management Services (TMS)

Concur Login

Travel Planning

Travel Reimbursements Policies & FAQ

Travel Request Policies & FAQs