- Bilingual-Bicultural Education (MA, MEd, PhD)
- Cultural Studies in Education (MA, MEd, PhD)
- Early Childhood Education (MA, MEd, PhD)
- Learning Technologies (MA, MEd, PhD)
- Physical Education Teacher Education (MA, MEd, PhD)
- Social Studies Education (MA, MEd, PhD)
- Language and Literacy Studies (MEd, PhD)
STEM Education (MA, MEd, PhD)
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) play an increasingly important role in addressing critical needs of society and generating innovation that drives the global economy. This program prepares elementary teachers through the K-6 certification program and secondary teachers through the nationally recognized UTeach program. Our graduate students return to the classroom and educational organizations in leadership roles, and go on to make major contributions in STEM education research and postsecondary teaching.
UTeach Urban Teachers
This program prepares English and Social Studies educators to thrive in the context of urban schools. UTeach Urban Teachers is a Texas teacher certification program for grades 7-12 and specifically focuses on valuing the diverse linguistic and cultural resources students bring into the classroom.