Applying for Scholarships
- How do I apply for a College of Education Scholarship?
- What is the deadline for submitting my scholarship application?
The scholarship system will be open for current undergraduate students March 1 thru April 30, 2017.
- I am not able to log-in to the scholarship system. What should I do?
Contact the College of Education scholarship coordinator, Jillian Gillie, 512-232-5012. Please make sure to include your UT EID in your message.
- I did not receive an award last year. Should I still apply?
Yes! Even if you think you’re not likely to qualify for an award, it’s still a good idea to apply.
- When will I know if I received a scholarship?
Scholarship recipients are notified via e-mail in early July for fall awards.
- Are there other scholarships I can apply for?
Thank You Letters
- Why do I have to do this?
All students at the University are required to write a thank you letter for scholarship and fellowship awards they receive.
It’s a good practice to formally write a thank you letter. Your award was funded by a gift someone gave the College specifically to be used as a scholarship for students. This thank you letter is an opportunity for you to share the impact their gift has made.
- Are there any guidelines for writing these thank-you letters?
Yes! Thank you letter guidelines will be sent in your notification e-mail.
- Where do I send my thank you letter?
Submit your thank you letter to the College of Education Development Office via e-mail to COE_Development@austin.utexas.edu.
Scholarship Award Disbursement
- How will I receive my scholarship funds?
You can determine how you would like your scholarship disbursed. Options include:
- Direct deposit
- Check mailed to your address on file
- Pick-up check in person from the Office of Accounting
To set up direct deposit, where the funds are automatically deposited into your bank account, go to My Bank Info or the Finance section of your MyUT page to update your information.
- When will I receive my scholarship funds?
Awards are disbursed on the thirteenth class day in the fall or spring semester. It may take longer to actually receive the money in your bank account. See the disbursement process for more information.
It is a good idea to check your CASH: Check Aid Status Here page for any outstanding requirements that may delay the disbursement process.
- What is the process involved in the award disbursement?
Several offices must approve your award before it reaches your bank account or a check is issued. This process can take a few days or a few weeks.
1. College of Education Processes Award
After you submit your thank you letter to the Development Office, your funds will be scheduled for released on the thirteenth class day of the fall or spring semester. Funds will leave the College of Education and move to the Office of Financial Aid for review.
2. Office of Financial Aid Reviews Award
Your award is then reviewed by the Office of Financial Aid (OFA). Your assigned financial aid counselor is notified that a scholarship has been posted to your record and then checks to see if your aid needs to be adjusted to include this scholarship. If your award has been accounted for, the OFA will let the funds proceed to the Office of Accounting for disbursement. If not, the OFA may adjust your financial aid.
Please contact the Office of Financial Aid if you have questions.
3. Office of Accounting Releases Funds
After your award is reviewed by the Office of Financial Aid, the Office of Accounting will check to see if you have any outstanding payments. If so, your scholarship will be applied towards this debt. Remaining funds will be directly deposited to your account or a check will be prepared to be mailed or picked up.
Check your What I Owe page for information about outstanding payments.
- Will my College of Education award effect my financial aid?
Financial aid may be adjusted due to your College of Education scholarship. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid for specific information regarding your financial aid package.