Jessie Helen Haag
Internationally recognized health educator.
- Called friend, counselor, advisor, mentor and taskmaster by former students.
- “To me, she was the ‘field of health’….”
- “She changed my life and I am indeed grateful.”
- TAHPERD Honor Award
- Honor Award of Southern District, AAPHERD
- Distinguished Service Award, American School Health Assn.
- Who’s Who of American Women
- Leaders in American Science
- Doctoral degree from Temple University, 1950
- Chair of the College Health Education Department, Lebanon Valley College, Annville, PA 1946-47
- Assistant Professor – Professor, 1950 to 1997, Department of Physical and Health Education, The University of Texas at Austin
- Author of 12 books and over 40 papers
- Named a Fellow in the American Public Health Association, American School Health Association, American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Association for Health, Physical Education & Recreation, and the Royal Society of Health, London.