The College of Education is excited to celebrate our bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral students at our upcoming college-wide graduation ceremony.
DATE: Saturday, May 6, 2023
TIME: 8 a.m. CST
LOCATION: Moody Center
Tickets are not required to attend.
Important Information for Graduates
- Participating students must arrive for check-in between 7:00 – 7:30 a.m. on the day of the ceremony. Families, friends and guests do not need to check-in.
- Check-in stations will be located at the loading ramp of the Texas Athletics Basketball and Rowing training facility. See map.
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 8 a.m. All students will be directed from the waiting area to the main floor by a faculty marshal. Families, friends and guests should be seated by this time.
- Students should come with their caps and robes on, or in hand. They will not be provided at check-in.
- If you have not already secured your regalia, please call the University Co-op at 512-476-7211 as soon as possible.
- A considerable amount of walking is required throughout the ceremony, please consider wearing comfortable shoes.
Families and Guests
- Families and guests of our graduates are welcome to attend the ceremony. Tickets are not required, and there is no guest limit.
- Doors for guests will open at 7 a.m. and the ceremony will begin promptly at 8 a.m. Please do not be late. Map to the Moody Center.
- Seating is first-come, first-served. Accessibility entry is available at the main entrance, and wheelchairs are offered for transport from the entry to the designated seating area, upon request.
- The Moody Center has a clear bag policy, so purses and backpacks, unless clear, are not allowed.
- Spanish-language translation kits will be available to check out free of charge on the day of the event.
- ASL services will also be provided throughout the duration of the ceremony.
- All UT parking garages will be free on the day of commencement. For information on parking please visit Moody’s parking website. Please allow plenty of time for parking.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is regalia and do I need it?
Regalia are items worn during the ceremony such as a cap, gown, hood, tassel, stoles, cords and any other items. It is required for each graduate to wear their specific regalia for the ceremony. As you prepare for graduation, please make note of the important deadlines and information regarding your regalia which is coordinated through the University Co-op. Visit their website for graduation FAQs and to order regalia.
What are my parking options?
Parking in the Manor, Brazos and Trinity Garages will be complimentary on Saturday, May 6. Parking also will be available in lots 37, 38, and 39 near the LBJ School of Public Affairs. We encourage you to arrive early to ensure you have plenty of time to walk the five – 10 minutes to the Moody Center. This map shows available parking locations and the ADA drop-off point.
Is the venue wheelchair accessible?
The Moody Center is wheelchair accessible and ushers will be available to assist guests. This map shows available parking locations and the ADA drop-off point.
Will there be sign language translation?
There will be American Sign Language translation services available and ushers to guide guests needing assistance.
Will there be a professional photographer and can we access the photos?
Professional photos of graduates will be taken by Flash Photography at commencement. There are no actions students need to take prior to the ceremony. On the day of the ceremony students will be given information about how to access the professional photos.
Are cameras allowed?
Yes, guests are allowed to bring cameras. However, we do ask that guests refrain from using a flash during the ceremony.
Are tickets required?
Tickets are not required to attend and there is no guest limit.
How will guests be seated?
Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Seating for mobility impaired and hard of hearing guests is available and ushers will guide guests needing assistance.
Will the ceremony be livestreamed?
Commencement will be livestreamed on YouTube.
Regalia and Graduation Information
As you prepare for the upcoming ceremony, please make note of the important deadlines and information.
The Graduation Department is located on the 3rd floor of The University Co-op. Visit their website for graduation FAQs and to order regalia.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- FEBRUARY 3: Grad Expo
- MARCH 3: Doctoral Purchase Deadline
- Doctoral regalia are custom-made and take 7-8 weeks to complete. Order here.
- MARCH 31: Doctoral/Faculty Rental Deadline and Grad Expo II
Note: The faculty loaner regalia does not include a doctoral hood or tam, please place a rental order by this date for these items.
- APRIL 14: Masters and Bachelors Students Purchase Deadline