The College of Education (COE) is excited to celebrate our bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral students at our upcoming college-wide graduation ceremony on May 11 at 8 a.m. at the Moody Center.
Tickets are not required to attend the College of Education ceremony.
All eligible students are also invited to attend the University-Wide Commencement Ceremony at 7:30 p.m. on May 11 at DKR Texas Memorial Stadium.
Information for Graduating Students
- Information regarding COE commencement registration will be emailed to students after February 19.
- Participating students must arrive for check-in between 7:00 – 7:30 a.m. on the day of the ceremony. The ceremony wil begin promptly at 8 a.m.
- Check-in stations will be located at the loading ramp of the Texas Athletics Basketball and Rowing training facility. See map.
- Students should come with their caps and robes on, or in hand. They will not be provided at check-in.
- If you have not already secured your regalia, please call the University Co-op at 512-476-7211 as soon as possible.
- A considerable amount of walking is required throughout the ceremony, please consider wearing comfortable shoes.
Information for Families and Guests
- Families and guests of our graduates are welcome to attend the ceremony. Tickets are NOT required.
- Doors for guests will open at 7 a.m. and the ceremony will begin promptly at 8 a.m.
- Seating is first-come, first-served. Accessibility entry is available at the main entrance, and wheelchairs are offered for transport from the entry to the designated seating area upon request.
- The Moody Center has a clear bag policy, so purses and backpacks, unless clear, are not allowed.
- All UT parking garages will be free on May 11. For parking information, please visit the Moody Center’s website. Please allow plenty of time for parking.
As you prepare for the upcoming ceremony, please make note of the important deadlines and information.
The Graduation Department is located on the 3rd floor of The University Co-op. Visit their website for graduation FAQs and to order regalia.
Important Regalia Dates and Deadlines
- MARCH 1: Doctoral Purchase Deadline
- MARCH 20: Grad Fair at the Co-op
- Doctoral regalia are custom-made and take 7-8 weeks to complete. Order here.
- MARCH 29: Doctoral/Faculty Rental Deadline
Note: The faculty loaner regalia does not include a doctoral hood or tam, please place a rental order by this date for these items.
- APRIL 12: Bachelor students purchase deadline
- MAY 2-8: Faculty Loaner Gown pick-ups
- MAY 17: Doctoral Rental Returns and Faculty Loaner regalia returns deadline
Frequently Asked Questions
What is regalia and who needs it?
Regalia includes items worn by all graduating students during the ceremony such as a cap, gown, hood, tassel, stoles and cords. As students and faculty prepare for graduation, it is important to make note of the deadlines and information regarding your regalia. Visit the University Co-op website for more graduation FAQs and to order regalia.
Are tickets required?
Tickets are NOT required to attend the ceremony.
Is the venue wheelchair accessible?
The Moody Center is wheelchair accessible and ushers will be available to assist guests. This map shows available parking locations and the ADA drop-off point.
How will guests be seated?
Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Seating for mobility-impaired and hard-of-hearing guests is available and ushers will guide guests needing assistance.
What are my parking options?
Parking in the Manor, Brazos and Trinity Garages will be complimentary on Saturday, May 11. Parking also will be available in lots 37, 38, and 39 near the LBJ School of Public Affairs. We encourage you to arrive early to ensure you have plenty of time to walk the 5 – 10 minutes to the Moody Center. This map shows available parking locations and the ADA drop-off point.
Are cameras allowed?
Yes, guests are allowed to bring cameras. However, we do ask that guests refrain from using a flash during the ceremony.
Will there be sign language translation?
There will be American Sign Language translation services available and ushers to guide guests needing assistance.
Is Spanish translation available?
Spanish-language translation kits will be available to check out free of charge on the day of the event.
Will there be a professional photographer and can we access the photos?
Professional photos of graduates will be taken by Flash Photography at commencement. There are no actions students need to take prior to the ceremony. On the day of the ceremony students will be given information about how to access the professional photos.
Will the ceremony be livestreamed?
Commencement will be livestreamed on YouTube.