Please note the institute will not run Summer 2021 due to the pandemic.
Are You a Certified Elementary School Teacher Seeking a Bilingual Education Credential?
At the Bilingual Education Summer Institute, you will receive quality instruction in a supportive environment to prepare for the Bilingual Target Language Proficiency Test (BTLPT).
- take two courses taught in Spanish
- prepare to take the Bilingual Target Proficiency Test
- receive intensive practice in using Spanish for classroom instruction
- augment your competencies in biliteracy and issues of social justice.
Both courses are pass/fail.
- Elementary School Subjects – Social Studies
- Elementary School Subjects – Language Arts
Tuition is $800 and includes enrollment in both courses, test prep workshops, and UT ID and library system cards.
- Bilingual Education stipend in most districts across Texas
- CPE credit up to 90 credits (45 per course)
- Engagement in exemplary practices and current research
- Increase Spanish language fluency
What Graduates of Our Program Say
“I left BESI knowing exactly what to expect on the exam and I felt very prepared. The time I spent at BESI was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. I learned so much, gained lots of new friends, created valuable networks, and grew in my love of Spanish and bilingual education.” –Sandra Zills