Faculty and Staff Virtual Town Hall
Join Zoom Meeting: https://education-utexas.zoom.us/j/255425338
Meeting ID: 255 425 338
During the meeting, you may ask questions via chat:
- On the computer, mouse over the meeting window to reveal the buttons at the bottom, and click Chat.
- On mobile, you may need to click the More button at the bottom to find the chat function.
- When sending a question, be sure to select Everyone for the Send to: option so that those relaying chat questions to the dean will see it.
Tips in case you haven’t used Zoom before
- If your computer or smartphone asks you to download or install the Zoom app from zoom.us, click to allow it.
- If you are prompted for your name, please enter it so we know who you are if you ask questions.
- If prompted, you may elect to connect with or without video.
- When you are prompted to join with audio, select to join via Computer or Internet audio.
- Because we may have a large number of attendees in Zoom, your microphone will be automatically muted when you join. When the meeting is open for questions, you may unmute yourself should you wish to speak, but please otherwise keep yourself muted.
- Controls for your audio and video appear in the bottom left of the meeting window when you mouse over them on your computer, and will always appear on your smartphone.
- On the computer, click the “up arrow” next to the microphone/headphone icon to switch microphone input and speaker output in case you have a headset you’d like to use.
If you would like to test things out before the meeting time, go to the Zoom test page and click Join: Zoom Test Call
For more detailed instructions, refer to one or both of these support links
- Zoom’s support page for joining meetings — includes all client versions (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android)
- ITO’s support page, which is Mac-specific