Certification and Licensing Requirements for Working in Other States

College of Education academic programs are designed to prepare you to apply for applicable licensure or certification in Texas and may not meet education requirements for a license or certification in another state. We make every effort to ensure information about educational requirements for licensure or certification information is current; however, licensure regulations are frequently revised.

If you are planning to pursue professional licensure or certification in a state other than Texas, we strongly recommend that you contact the appropriate licensing entity in that state to seek the most up-to-date information and guidance regarding state licensure or certification requirements before beginning an academic program. Separate from educational requirements, state licensure boards may require applicants to complete professional examinations, background checks, years of professional experience, jurisprudence exams, etc. 

If you are considering a clinical or field experience in a state outside of Texas, state professional licensing board approval prior to beginning a clinical or field experience may be required in that state. Check with your program's internship or clinical coordinator with questions about state professional licensing board requirements prior to beginning an internship or field experience in another state. 

Reach out to the program point of contact listed below with any questions about licensure requirements in your field.

College or School Academic Programs Program Contacts
Education Early Childhood (EC)-6 ESL Shannon Hewgley
Early Childhood (EC)-6 Bilingual Shannon Hewgley
Early Childhood (EC)-12 Special Education Shannon Hewgley
7-12 Urban Teaching Social Studies Shannon Hewgley
7-12 Urban Teach English Language Arts Shannon Hewgley
School counseling certification/Licensed Professional counselor Michael Parent
School and Counseling Psychology (Licensed Psychologist) Jane Gray
School Psychology Masters Jessica O’Bleness
School Administration (Principal and Superintendent) Kelsey Samsel
Athletic Training Brian Farr
Fine Arts UTeach-Fine Arts Roxanne Schroeder-Arce
Information School Librarian Certificate Program Barbara Jansen
Liberal Arts UTeach-Liberal Arts  Eric Bowles
Natural Sciences UTeach-Natural Sciences Annette Hairston

Make Sure Your Addresses Are Current

Your location is determined by the current address information listed in your student record, not your permanent address. 

You may notify UT Austin of an address change by:

  • Updating your address online
  • Sending a letter notifying us of your current and/or permanent address change that includes your name, signature, EID or date of birth to:

The University of Texas at Austin
Office of the Registrar: Records
P.O. Box 7216
Austin TX 78713-7216

  • Faxing the letter described above to 512-475-7515, or 
  • Visiting Texas One Stop on the ground floor of the Main Building in person. You need to show your photo ID.

For more information on student record information, please visit Texas One Stop.