The College of Education is committed to bridging research to practice and to preparing educators, researchers, and leaders to join us in responding to pressing challenges in education and health.
We are 3rd in total research expenditures, 1st in research expenditures as a percent of total expenditures at UT Austin.
969 Graduate Students
Many of our faculty have been recognized for their work in their fields and for excellence in the classroom.
- 3 Fellows, AAHPERD
- 1 Fellow, American Academy of Health Behavior
- 4 Fellows, American Academy of Kinesiology
- 6 Fellows, American College of Sports Medicine
- 1 Fellow, American Heart Association
- 3 Fellows, American Psychological Association
- 1 Fellow, Association for Fitness in Business
- 2 Fellows, Gerontological Society of America
- 3 Fellows, National Academy of Kinesiology
- 1 Fellow, National Science Teachers Foundation
- 1 Fellow, Royal Historical Society
- 1 Fellow, Spencer Foundation
- 3 Provost Teaching Fellows
- 3 Senior Provost Teaching Fellows
- 3 Fellows, University of Texas System Academy of Distinguished Teachers
- 1 Dr. Truman L. Kelley Award for Scholarship Excellence
- 1 Athletic Trainer Service Award, National Athletic Trainers' Association
- 1 Dr. Irving Morrisett Award for Excellence in Social Science Education
- 2 Jeannette E. Feischner Awards, Council for Exceptional Children
- 1 Oscar Heidenstam Lifetime Achievement Award
- 1 Ruth B. Glassow Biomechanics Honor Award, National Association for Sport & Physical Education
- 1 Sports Emmy Award
- 1 Texas Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dance Scholar
- 9 Regents' Outstanding Teacher Award
- 4 Alcalde Texas 10 Teaching Awards
- 3 Elizabeth Shatto Massey Awards for Excellence in Teacher Education
- 8 Texas Teaching Excellence Awards
4 Top 10 Ranked Programs
Our teacher certification programs have been rated as “Accredited” by the Texas Education Agency for the last 10 years.