Whether you’re in the middle of your degree, a graduating senior, or ready to go back to school, Urban Teachers has options for you to become an equity-minded secondary English or Social Studies teacher.
The Urban Teachers teacher preparation program equips you to become the kind of secondary (middle or high school) teacher who contributes, along with your students, to achieving greater educational and social justice in urban schools, communities, and beyond.
What Sets Us Apart
- Gain research-based and practical knowledge of teaching through extensive coursework and hands-on experience in urban secondary schools.
- Work alongside a group of highly qualified and equally passionate peers in a supportive environment.
- Learn from renowned faculty members engaged in scholarly research and master teachers in local classrooms.
- Start building your professional network.
- Stand out in the job market by entering the field as fully-fledged professionals with the skills and experience that employers value.
An academic advisor will be available to guide you throughout the program and prepare you for the certification process.
It takes more than a dream to become a real leader in social justice. To learn more, listen to a few Urban Teachers students discuss what drives them to go above and beyond typical teacher preparation. Watch the videos.