Ensuring equal access to education and opportunity is one of the greatest challenges and promises of this century. The Department of Educational Psychology, housed within the College of Education at the University of Texas at Austin, provides an interdisciplinary and contemporary approach to learning and development. We seek to enhance the quality of the human experience in our diverse society through rigorous educational and psychological research, and effective translation of findings to policy and practice.
The Department of Educational Psychology advances knowledge about the human experience at the intersection of education and psychology through research, teaching, and practice.
- Excellence in research and its application to policy and practice
- Excellent in teaching, learning, and scholarship
- Commitment to student-centered learning
- A diverse, inclusive, and engaged community
- Promotion of social justice and human welfare
- Development of innovative research methods with application to educational, psychological, and societal problems.
- An interface of educational psychology with health and wellness
- Multicultural awareness, knowledge and skills
- Expertise in empirically supported practice
To transform the landscape of educational psychology in order to promote educational achievement, improve health, and advance social justice.