Roy J. McLean
Strength Training Pioneer, Coach & Educator
Envisioned and Designed
- Largest and best-equipped university weight training facility in the U.S.
- Roy J. McLean Fellowship in Sport History to support the Todd-McLean Physical Culture Collection
- Pioneered required weight training for Varsity athletes in wrestling and cross country, whom he coached during the 1920s and 1930s
- Taught the first organized university-level weight training classes in the U.S.
- B.A., University of Texas, 1917
- M.A., University of Texas, 1920
- Instructor, Assistant Professor and Associate Professor in Department of Physical Training for Men: 1918-1967
- Professor Emeritus, 1968-1986