School/Clinical Child Psychology

Frequently Asked Questions

The following are frequently asked questions (FAQ) from prospective graduate students who are interested in applying to the combined School/Clinical Child Psychology doctoral program.

Do you provide funding for PhD students?

Do I need a master’s to apply to the doctoral program?

I have a master’s degree, can I get credit for the classes I have already taken?

What kind of settings will I be prepared to work in as a graduate of this doctoral program?

Do you offer courses on X, Y, Z?

What kinds of research are faculty doing in the School/Clinical Child Psychology program?

What does the admissions committee look for in applicants?

Can I continue to work and be in the Ph.D. program?

How successful are your students in attaining internships?

Do you accept grad students for terminal master’s degrees/specialist programs?

Our faculty are strongly committed to training doctoral students equally in the health service specialty areas of school and clinical child psychology, as reflected by our accreditation from the American Psychological Association (APA). Learn more from the APA about combined health service psychology doctoral programs.

Contact Information

Department of Educational Psychology
George I. Sánchez Building
5th Floor, Room 5.708

Phone: (512) 471-4155
Fax: (512) 471-1288