The Department of Special Education offers master’s (M.Ed., M.A.) and doctoral (Ph.D.) degrees with a concentration in Autism and Developmental Disabilities (A&DD). Our program curricula are Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) approved and many of our graduates become Board Certified Behavior Analysts at the master’s (BCBA) or doctoral (BCBA-D) level. (View the BCBA Exam Pass Rates for Verified Programs.) Training in these programs emphasizes academic foundations in:
- education and treatment of individuals with A&DD,
- use of scientist-practitioner methods,
- development of research skills so that graduates can contribute new knowledge on assessment and treatment practices,
- competent, ethical, and multicultural practice.
Coursework and research are led by expert faculty to provide a rich understanding of the design, implementation, and evaluation of effective services offered to those with autism and related developmental disabilities.
As a graduate of our AD&D program, you will be qualified for several careers in the field of special education. Our alumni are employed as
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapists,
- special education teachers,
- professors in universities,
- behavioral consultants, and
- director-level administrators.