Thursday, February 20
|2:00 to 3:00 p.m.||Welcome!||SZB 352. This will be a quick meet and greet before you head off to class.|
|3:00 to 4:00 p.m.||Class Preview||Doctoral session in SZB 278 with Rich Reddick.
Master’s session in SZB 380 with Beth Bukoski.
|4:00 - 4:30 p.m.||Financial Aid Overview||SZB 352|
|4:30 to 6:00 p.m.||Campus tour||Meet in the SZB lobby. We will start the tour at 4:45 p.m.|
|5:30 to 7:30 p.m.||Dinner||Kerbey Lane Cafe|
Friday, February 21
7:00 - 11:30 a.m.
|Placement Exchange - All Fall 2020 admitted master's students (PHEL and EPP) who are seeking a paid Graduate Assistantship are welcome to attend.||WCP GSA room on the third floor (green room)
WCP 2.410 (interviews)
8:30 - 9:45 a.m.
|Meet with current students||Café Medici, 2222 Guadalupe St B, Austin, TX 78705|
10:00 - 10:45 a.m.
|Doctoral student research presentations||SZB 370|
11:00 - 11:30 a.m.
|Meet with your advisor.
Walk to Welcome & Lunch in WCP
|SZB Faculty Offices|
|Plenary Welcome. The plenary will feature an opportunity to meet with your advisor (if available), panels and discussions on student life in Austin, and a faculty presentation on how to maximize your graduate experience.||WCP North Ballroom, 2.410|
|12:00 p.m.||Lunch with faculty||WCP North Ballroom, 2.410|
|1:00 p.m.||Overview of Programs||WCP North Ballroom, 2.410|
|1:15 p.m.||Faculty Panel||WCP North Ballroom, 2.410|
|2:30 p.m.||Breakout Sessions||
EPP Doctoral: WCP 3.116
PHEL Doctoral: WCP 3.114
PHEL Master's: WCP 2.120
EPP Master's: WCP 2.410
|3:00 - 4:00 p.m.||Student Panels in Breakout Sessions|
|4:30 p.m.||Social Hour||Scholz Garten|
Saturday, February 22
|10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||ELPSA Brunch: Open to all current and admitted students.||Torchy’s Tacos on Guadalupe|
We will provide lunch on Feb. 21; all other expenses are the responsibility of participants.
This event for admitted master’s students who plan to attend full time and are seeking a position as Graduate Assistant. Learn more and download position descriptions on our student wiki.
- Austin has a great bus and light rail system that is very cost-effective: https://www.capmetro.org/
- We cannot pay for parking or public transportation fees.
- Brazos Garage (BRG): the closest campus garage to SZB College of Education building. 210 E. MLK Blvd.
- Bob Bullock Museum underground garage (scroll down).
- Off-campus, parking meter street parking (many have a 3-hour time limit)
- Colorado, Lavaca, and 18th streets around Bob Bullock Museum
- University Lane or any of the side streets around the AT&T Executive Education & Conference Center
- AT&T Executive Education & Conference Center garage
WCP – William C. Powers, Jr. Student Activities Center: 2201 Speedway, Austin TX, 78712
- It’s right next door to GRE (Gregory Gym).
- Here’s a map to the floor plans to help you find the green room
SZB – George I. Sanchez Building: 1912 Speedway, Austin TX, 78705
- It’s right next door to PCL (library). (Note: If you enter SZB from the southeast side of the building, you will enter on the first floor/lower level. If you enter from the west or north ends of the building (where the escalators are located), you will enter on the second floor. Only the south end of the building has a first floor/lower level.
- When you enter SZB, there are floor maps on each floor near the escalator.
Kerbey Lane - University: 2606 Guadalupe, Austin, TX 78705
Scholz Garten: 1607 San Jacinto Blvd., Austin, TX 78701
From either the SZB or the WCP, walk south on Speedway, past where the street ends (there’s a sidewalk) until you get to MLK. Turn left on MLK, and then right on San Jacinto at the bottom of the hill. Scholz is two blocks down.
ELPSA will be coordinating with out-of-town visitors so that you do not have to pay for a hotel room. Housing needs will be met on a first-come, first-served basis, and we cannot guarantee housing for everyone. Please indicate you need housing when you register by the link above. If you do not hear from someone by the week before your arrival, please email ELPSA will your housing needs: firstname.lastname@example.org