The Office of Instructional Innovation partners with instructors in the College of Education to create high-quality learning experiences that benefit all students. To accomplish this goal, we provide instructional design consulting, advise on teaching techniques, help select appropriate educational technologies, and develop clear and engaging learning resources.
Whether you’re new to college teaching or an experienced faculty member, we want you to be successful. We invite you to work with us for all your teaching and educational technology needs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consulting on course design, course redesign, and academic program development, including face-to-face, online, and hybrid learning scenarios
- Design, implementation, and support for social and experiential learning
- Development of meaningful student learning assessments and assignments
- Production of digital course resources, including multimedia and interactive content presentation
- Design and development of custom learning tools
- Facilitation of professional learning for faculty, including online resources, communities of practice, and technology workshops
- Support for digital literacy assessment and instruction across the college
- Responsive support on the use of Canvas, Zoom, Panopto, Qualtrics, Poll Everywhere, and other educational technology resources
Professional Development Opportunities
Teaching with Technology
We have curated the following collection of tutorials to help you become productive with tools such as Canvas, Zoom, and Panopto.
- Canvas: a learning management system used by faculty and students to access and manage online learning materials and communications.
- Zoom: an easy, reliable cloud platform for video conferencing, webinars, and classes.
- Panopto: a video platform that allows faculty to record and share videos within and outside of Canvas.
We also have developed two tools that extend the capabilities of Canvas to create new opportunities for learning.