What Facilities/Building Services Does
We field questions regarding the general operations and facilities issues for common areas within the Sánchez building. Please check back as we will be adding more information to the site soon.
Request Access to the Work in Progress page
What the University Does
The university provides maintenance, security, and other facilities support on a centralized basis. Please contact Central Facilities Services, (512) 471-2020, for issues and requests regarding campus security systems. For UT-Project Management & Construction Services project launch and update announcements, please follow:
Overview of Sánchez Building
The College of Education is housed in the George I. Sánchez Building near the corner of Martin Luther King Boulevard and Congress Avenue, just four blocks north of the Texas Capitol. The 262,000 square foot building opened in 1975 and houses four College of Education departments, and nine centers and programs. It is also home to UT’s Faculty Innovation Center and Testing and Evaluation Services. Testing and Evaluation Services has four offices that include Student Testing Services, the Course Instructor Survey office, Scanning Office, and the UT Public Testing Center. College of Education spaces include faculty and graduate student offices, classrooms, study spaces, the advising center, career services, and the Massey Honor Hall.
Sánchez Facilities/Building Resources for Faculty and Staff (UT EID Required)
Please follow standard UT protocol for emergency or safety concerns. Once the proper emergency team (UTPD, 911, EMS or Fire and Rescue) has been notified and dispatched, please follow-up with an email to COEFacilities@austin.utexas.edu or call (512) 475-8877 to ensure that the appropriate leadership personnel is apprised of the situation.
- Student Health Crisis Line: (512) 471-2255
- Counseling and Mental Health Center appointments for students: (512) 471-3515
- Danielle White, CARE counselor in the Counseling and Mental Health Center has regular office hours 1 - 2 T/F in SZB 212E, (512) 232-6862.
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides counseling, grief and trauma support and stress management for all UT employees.
- UT Night Rides: As of Spring 2019, Lyft serves as the provider for UT Austin’s Night Rides program! Find out how to enroll.
Safety Tips from UTPD