skip to content
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
August 20, 2020
- All perimeter entrances to the building (east and west sides) will be unlocked during operating hours (6 a.m. to 7 p.m.). Enter and exit via the door farthest to the right. Before or after that time, all doors will be locked. Faculty, staff, and students may still enter the building via the celebrated entrance on the NE side of the building, with a valid UT ID.
- Multiple sanitizing gel stations are set up at all main doors and classroom doors.
- Hallways in the Sanchez building are wide enough for 2-way traffic. All should walk on the right side of the hallway; cross over if necessary when you reach your destination.
- Pathways to offices may be impacted by the building renovation. For example, now the 4th to 5th and 5th to 4th escalators are closed. Later, others will be closed. Stairwells should be used and will be designated up only or down only.
- Loading zones on the west side of the building are primarily reserved for construction vehicles for the next several months.
- Building cleaning will occur daily.
- Social distancing (a 6-foot gap between people) should be practiced in the hallways and common areas and inside offices and classrooms. Students are permitted to engage in small group discussion and front-of-the-class presentations if social distancing and mask usage is maintained.
- Faculty may elect to hold class outdoors to maximize social distancing if an appropriate location is selected with respect to accessibility.
- Faculty should direct students to a suitable outdoor location for after-class discussion and avoid congregating in classrooms, hallways, and other interior spaces.
- Reception areas in office suites typically will provide space( designated on the floor) for one person to enter for a question to be asked or to pick up materials.
- Faculty, staff, and students will be required to wear protective face masks inside all UT buildings. Protective face masks are recommended outside.
- To maintain compliance with the university’s mask policy, eating and drinking in classrooms is discouraged.
- In-person classroom teaching: Faculty should bring their own laptop or tablet for use during class. There should be sanitizing wipes located on the podium. Sanitizing kits for instructors will be available in each departmental office.
- Avoid sharing devices, pens, and other objects during class.
- Faculty are encouraged to clean and disinfect electronic devices and learning aids after each class session.
Entrance and Exit
- End of class: have students leave classrooms on time or prior to the end of class to allow for the entrance of the next group.
- When there are two doors to a classroom, one door will be designated an entrance and one will be designated an exit. When students enter the classroom, they should fill available seats farthest away first. Chairs have been marked if they cannot be used.
- Elevators have a maximum capacity of three people.
- Restrooms—stickers will be placed on stalls, urinals, and sinks that indicate which may be used.