Empowering Equity-Minded and Entrepreneurial Leaders
The Executive Ed.D. is a doctoral program in Higher Education Leadership launched in 2019 explicitly designed for working professionals aspiring to high-level administrative and executive roles in higher education. We develop students who will lead dynamic organizations in an increasingly complex world. Our courses are taught by renowned faculty and higher education administrators with years of experience in advancing the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion. Courses are offered on the UT Austin campus, with some online components.
- Practitioner-focused curriculum
- Flexible schedule designed for current and aspiring executives
- Real-world, real-time application
- Cohort model: team collaboration, networking, shared learning
- Designed for completion in 30-36 months
- Face-to-face contact with renowned faculty, combined with eLearning
Key Competencies You Will Gain
- Social justice, inclusion, and equity foundations
- Assessment, evaluation, and research
- Law, policy, and governance
- Organization and human resources
- Student success and learning
- Technology in education
This program starts in the summer semester only. You must select the “summer” semester in the ApplyTexas application. If you apply to the wrong semester or incorrect program track in the Educational Leadership and Policy department in the ApplyTexas application, you could be subject to additional application fees.