All graduate students are required to apply to the state application system ApplyTexas. We strongly encourage you to start this process well in advance of the deadline to allow us time to process your information. For department requirements, visit our “How to Apply” page.
A bachelor's degree from a U.S. institution or equivalent from an international institution plus a statement of purpose that describes:
- why you are interested in a masters degree in the Program in Higher Education Leadership (PHEL) at UT Austin;
- what life experiences have contributed to your decision to make application to our program;
- what personal experiences, achievements, and accomplishments would compel the department to evaluate your contributions to the University’s diversity mission;
- what type of research and//or practice you would be interested in investigating and which faculty member(s) you would like to work with; and
- what your career aspirations are once you complete your degree.